Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Feeling good and springy

Springlike? Anyway, I'm pretty much over this cold that's been bothering me all week, so that's good good news. And of course that means I'm cooking again, which is also happy.
On second thought, cooking might not be the right word for it because --alas!--it's midterm week here in Oberlin, and I am busy busy busy. But I did have time today to make some white bean dip, which I will now share will all of you (All of y'all.)
It's not even pretty, so there is no picture. It basically looks like hummus.

White bean dip
1 can white beans (navy, cannelini, or great northern are all good)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 of a small onion, chopped
1 tsp Zaatar spice*, if you are lucky enough to have them in your cupboard

Put everything in the blender and process until smooth. Eat with crackers and sliced veggies such as carrots, cucumbers, and bell pepper. You can also smear this onto a sandwich, if you feel like it.

*Zaatar spice is a blend of sesame seeds, sumac, thyme and oregano, and is used in some Middle Eastern dishes. It's tasty, but don't feel too bad if you can't find it--you can still make yummy dip! I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment